Service assurance applications for ONAP Architecture
ONAP Architecture Solutions
Hardening the ONAP framework isn’t easy – assurance analytics pave the way.
ONAP supplies an extensible framework for orchestrating next-generation offerings. But ONAP alone is not a solution. Through integrated end-to-end assurance, Service Providers can reliably launch innovative services while providing outstanding QoE.
Data Collection, Analytics and Events centrally consolidates telemetry. SONAR4 scales your capability out to the network edge:
- Semi-autonomous edge for localized issues
- Ultra low-latency responsiveness
- Massive reduction in telemetry backhaul
VES and DMaaP
VNF Event Stream and Data Movement as a Platform represent the basic ‘plumbing’ within ONAP. SONAR4 pre-processes edge telemetry to reduce workload:
- Improved scalability and reduced workload.
- Filtered northbound alarms are VES-formatted.
Drools-based root-cause analysis module works in conjunction with DCAE, Holmes provides basic alarm correlation for managed resources within A&AI. SONAR4 dramatically augments this capability by:
- Pre-handling most edge use cases, allowing HOLMES to perform higher level correlation.
- SONAR4 can include non-ONAP data in decisions
- Correlation not limited to network connectivity.
ONAP’s Threshold Crossing Analysis supports simple configuration of alarm rules. SONAR4 augments TCA by enabling:
- Complex multi-step decision pipelines.
- Aggregated and transformed telemetry involved in analysis.
ONAP’s policy module is a Drools-based mechanism to trigger closed-loop actions. SONAR4 helps Policy through:
- Actionable alerts using AI and correlation algorithms.
- Highlights root cause.
Active and Available Inventory provides key topology and state information for ONAP. SONAR4 leverages A&AI to deliver a step-function increase in inventory granularity:
- Full-stack correlation beyond VNFs and VMs.
- Enrich telemetry with
non-ONAP topology marker.
Accelerate your forward progress on ONAP through carrier-grade assurance analytics.
On-Demand Enterprise Services
Residential Broadband & Video
Internet of Things
Before delivering network services on demand, we need to address and assure the realities of today’s framework.
Blog & Events
Tags: NETWORK, AUTOMATION
From efficient network issue resolution to confident automation
Read the Blog
Tags: SDN, NFV, EVENT
Tags: SDN, NFV, EVENT
SONAR4 to unveil latest innovation at SDN NFV World Congress